Wellbeing and Mental Health
At Manor Oak Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils, families and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable, and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that promoting positive mental health is everybody’s responsibility and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self -esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We offer different levels of support:
Universal Support- To meet the needs of all our pupils through our overall ethos and our wider curriculum. For instance, developing resilience for all.
Additional support- For those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by life experiences, such as bereavement.
Targeted support- For pupils who need more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions, such as wellbeing groups or access to our school counselling service.
Lead staff members:
Mrs Tracy Prandota: Pastoral Lead, Senior Mental Health Lead
Miss Imani Jacobs: ELSA
Mrs Victoria Colyer: Mental Health First Aid
Miss Sonia Aguiar: Mental Health First Aid