Welcome to the Local Committee
Manor Oak Primary School are delighted to be part of the Nexus Education School Trust (NEST), and although we work very closely with them, the day to day governance of our schools is carried out by the Local Committee.
The key responsibilities of the Local Committee are as follows:
- To carry forward the vision of the Academy and NEST
- To ensure that standards of attainment and progress are high
- To take a strategic role in the governance of the Academy
- To support and challenge the School’s leaders
- To monitor and evaluate the work of the Academy in relation to:
- pupil outcomes,
- teaching, learning and assessment,
- effectiveness of leadership and management and
- financial probity
- To ensure actions are taken to comply with statutory regulations
- To implement the policies of the Trust and the Academy
- To support the strategic development of the Trust
Local Committees are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country and play a vital role in raising school standards. To operate effectively the Local Committee appoints members who bring a wide range of knowledge and experience. The Local Committee consists of the Headteacher, Community members, Parent members and Staff members.
Local Committee meetings occur every half term and Local Committee Members visit the schools on a regular basis.
Our Local Committee Members
Denise James-Mason - Community Local Committee Member & Chair
David Cottle - Community Local Committee Member & Vice-Chair
Rebecca Day - Staff Local Committee Member
Jane Butler - Headteacher & Local Committee Member
Tanel Kagan - Community Local Committee Member
Kit Tse - Community Local Committee Member