Aspire, Challenge, Empower
Vision and Ethos
At Manor Oak, we are fully committed to supporting an inclusive environment where our children can thrive academically, feel safe and form strong bonds with their peers and community.
We want our children to know what they can achieve in life and then aspire to achieve it. We provide an environment that nurtures the whole child so that children develop academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually.
We ASPIRE to:
- Provide children with the very best education to ensure that each child develops a lasting love of learning and sense of curiosity in the world around them
- Nurture a welcoming, safe, happy school where everyone is respected and listened to; a school where we take pride in ourselves and our achievements, enabling children to become confident and successful learners
- Foster a trusting and welcoming environment where all children, families and all other members of our school community are treated with tolerance, kindness and respect
We encourage CHALLENGE by:
- Providing an education where children are encouraged to push beyond their boundaries and to learn to tolerate frustrations when learning
- Fostering a questioning mind and learn that this invites a curiosity and knowledge about the world and how the world works
- Learning about others and gaining an understanding of beliefs and attitudes within family and community
- Working as hard as possible to produce excellent achievements and be able to take a pride in everything achieve
We EMPOWER by:
- Building upon individual strengths and talents.
- Developing children’s self-respect and pride in themselves so that both achievement and perseverance are recognised and celebrated.
- Valuing independence, developing a deeper level of learning and providing a curriculum which enables our pupils to become active citizens of the future.
- Striving to be an integral part of our local community by building and joining communities locally and beyond.